Thursday, September 11, 2008

Welcome to my world!

Welcome to my little corner of the world.  I am a 41 year old single woman living with multiple chronic illnesses.  Despite bad days, I have a zest for life, people, animals and all things fun.  I love to write and take photos, which I will be sharing with you in future posts.  I want to thank Laurie Edwards , author of Life Disrupted (a must read book, whether you live with chronic illness or not!) and blogger on achronicdose.blogspot.com, as well as Rosalind Joffe of ccicoach.com, and of course Connie Roberts of Mychroniclife.com, all of whom have supported and guided me with starting this blog.  They are all inspirations of how able-bodied those of us with disability can be.  As I start this journey I hope you will come along for the ride with a spirit of openess, adventure learning and participation.

To give you a little idea of some of my own viewpoint I choose to leave you with my favorite quote by Philo of Alexandria, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle".  

Be Kind!

2 comments:

vshaw said...

Great job, Maureen! Good luck on your new endeavour!

Love and hugs,
Viki

Maureen Hayes said...

Viki,

Thanks for the shout out. I hope you'll come back and contribute regularly. You know firsthand what living with chronic illness is like!

Thanks!
Maureen